Totally manual process with repetitive tasks, some of them with risks for the operators. During the work shift there was a loss of productivity and seal inspection was not always effective.
To convert the process of application and inspecting seals from manual into a robotized system, minimizing the number of repetitive tasks and lowering the risk of skin burns from the hot sealing wax. To use artificial vision for final inspection of the seals to increase inspection reliability. All the system must be installed in the restricted area aimed to that purpose.
- To assure the automatization doesn´t remove the “handmade texture” from the applied seals.
- The inspection must have an efficiency higher than 99% for typical flaws.
- To assure a cadence of 5 bottles per minute, at least.
- Layout project for integration of the different stations;
- Robots’ configuration for this specific application;
- Gripper’s selection and adaptation to manipulate the bottle;
- Development of a system for bottles’ indexing and orientation, in order to allow that robot can manipulate the bottle always in the same position, enabling the wax seal is applied on the adequate positions;
- Development seal station control to allow the respective integration with the global system;
- Development of the inspection system, through artificial vision, for final seal validation, which symbolizes the product brand;
- Development and management of the rejection system for bottles which seals didn´t pass the final validation;
- Automatization of the global work carried out, through a PLC equipped with the adequate software;
- The control of vision cameras was installed on an industrial computer with the software customized for the application;
- The robots’ programming, made by Deltamatic, was conceived from scratch to be integrated in the global control software, to simplify its integration;
- Assembly of the entire manipulation system in the customer’s plant and respective putting in service.
The success of the first phase, with fulfilment of the proposed objectives, lead to increase the productive capacity, which drove the customer to request the duplication of this project.